Rock you like a Hurricane

My ideas, photos, rantings, and experiences living in Chicago as a Katrina refugee and what life is like in post-Katrina New Orleans - I'm photographer Marc Pagani....

Friday, September 23, 2005

























BENEFIT!!!!
WEll, it was a huge success (see previous posts for more info about the Katrina Benefit). It was crowded. I met so many new and interesting people - artists, playwrights, photographers, fashion designers...JC has quite the connections with the art and entertainment worlds here in Chicago. It looked like one of those "beautiful people" parties that i try to avoid elsewhere, but everyone was genuinely nice and were all so generous. I lot of great artwork was auctioned off and if the benefit wasn't for me, I would have SOOO gotten some pieces myself. Brad Peterson sounded great as he sang tunes from his new "RED" album. I had a blast shooting tons of portraits for people, and being able to get some amazing wines, great beers, and liquor for $2 each was obviously helping to socially lube the crowd. After most people left around 1:30am, we stuck around and Tom, the owner of Webster's Wine Bar, pulled out a guitar and he and I and Brad ended up harmonizing on the Police's "Message in A Bottle". Brad then did another mini-set and unveiled a fantastic new song called Honeybee. We stuck around until 4am drinking, laughing, and shooting pictures of each other. With the auctions and the cash collected at the door, JC, Webster's, the artists, and company raised almost $4000 for me. HUGE THANKS TO TOM AND WEBSTER'S WINE BAR , ALL OF THE ARTISTS, BRAD PETERSON, AND ESPECIALLY MY HOST, JC STEINBRUNNER!!! Thanks to all those of you who came out to show me some love. The money will go towards making up for some of my 8 photo shoots in New Orleans that were either cancelled or rescheduled for next year, so it's much neede and very appreciated. Some of it will also be donated to help victims of Hurricane Rita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home