Rock you like a Hurricane

My ideas, photos, rantings, and experiences living in Chicago as a Katrina refugee and what life is like in post-Katrina New Orleans - I'm photographer Marc Pagani....

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Click here - they're throwing me a benefit...I received an email at 2 am today - it was the above invite to my own benefit - total surprise. I honestly can't believe it - I am sooo lucky to have great friends who really care. Huge thanks to JC Steinbrunner, who's not only housing me indefinitely, but had the idea to have this event for me. Also big thanks to Tom MacDonald, owner of Webster's Wine Bar and to Brad Peterson and all of the artists who donated their work. It's gonna be a great night.

On a different note, if anyone know a great mechanic who fixes Saab's Mimi has had a helluva ride and could use help. Her car broke down on the trip from Chicago to Austin. It's now in Shreveport and the Saab dealer there originally said it was a specifc part (used the computer diagnostics) that was bad...he replaced it for $700 and now is saying there is no "pressure in the cylinder" at all and it will take 5-8 THOUSAND DOLLARS to fix it....hmmmmm seems to me that if there was that serious of a problem before he installed this new part, it would have showed up on the computer...hmmmmmm....please email me with any suggestions - she's stuck in Austin with no wheels but her bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home